Saturday, September 26, 2009

Naturally

since I have only three teaching days left (and three days left on my insurance here) I got sick.





I have yet another stomach bug. Last night/this morning was not pretty. I slept in the bathroom. I briefly considered going to the hospital after I puked up my antibiotic pill (perhaps the most horrible experience in my life - definitely top 3). And I had to call three people before I could find someone to help me: 1. had her phone off, 2. "your apartment is soooo faaar" (it turned out he had a 'guest' over) and finally 3. Pink - one of the office staff from my school, brought me some much needed bottled water & Sprite.





I managed not to puke between when I called her and when she came over, so I decided not to go to the hospital. I've had an experimental cracker and a few sips of the Sprite. I don't feel great, but I feel like I'm probably over the worst of it.





Dear readers, have I finally, once and for all, disabused you of the notion that solo international travel is glamorous and exciting?





TAG: Code Durian (at least for the time I spent in the bathroom)

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Did I have the notion that international travel was glamorous? I don't think I did....

Still sounds exciting, though.

Bezzie said...

I sure hope its just food poisoning and not something grosser that I won't mention...