Sunday, March 15, 2009

whiskey

Last night we went out for LeBlonde's last day in Rayong... he got a job in Bangkok and will be leaving today. Really though, it's just another excuse to go out drinking. I mean, there's not much else to do in Rayong.

Bunny brought both scrabble and boggle on our pub crawl. It was fairly hilarious.



Jeb and I just played pool with LeBlonde & Donny. I actually sunk three balls and we won!


At one point LeBlonde and Bunny disappeared. I thought maybe they were having a cigarette. I went outside and looked around, but there were a lot of people and I couldn't quite see everyone. So in my drunken broken Thai I asked a man sitting near the door "farang poo chai yu tee nai?" which translates to something close to "foreigner man where?" he calmly replied "I have not seen your friend." with absolutely perfect pronunciation. D'oh!


I sat down and chatted with him for a bit, turns out that he worked in Florida for a while, and is getting his degree in tourism. It was just hilarious to randomly run into this guy who speaks better English than 90% of my students.
.
There was a lot of whiskey involved and at least three venues, so it's all a little fuzzy. But at one point we were in a private room of a more restauranty type club with a house band. I went out to listen to the music and got serenaded by the singer... then Le Blonde came out and we danced like all over the club for the entertainment of all. Thais are generally much more reserved... hell I'm generally much more reserved than that. But last night, I let a bit of the devil in.
TAG: Code Sweet Chili Sauce

No comments: