Thursday, November 6, 2008

More heroics

I've had a relatively easy work week, a few of my classes were canceled and I gave two tests. No complaints there.

Today I finished work at about the same time as Bobby and Bunny so we all went to the food court together. Bunny is a vegetarian, and since I now know how to say "vegetables" I ordered for her. It was really a case of... I don't know the expression - to the blind man the one eyed man sees all.. what *is* that phrase? Anyway I know about 8 food words, and she only knows 1... so I could order for her. Then later they bought desert and I told them how to say "how much?" but then of course the vendor replies with a number that they don't know. It took me a second to figure it out (for some reason, I still can't understand the word for 8 very well) but then I held up 8 fingers to the vendor and she nodded. Seriously, I don't know much but I know more than they do, and it feels really good to be able to help them out. I feel like I'm repaying my karmic debt a little bit.


And now we're going to have a Scrabble tournament. =)

TAG - Code Mango.

No comments: