Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think too much

I think waaaaaay too much.

So today it’s time to just endulge my senses. Dude… that sounds retarded. Ok… what I’m actually doing is my very favorite thing – hanging out downtown. At the moment I’m laying on the grass in the Park Blocks enjoying the dapled sunshine filtering through a stand of full-on leafed-out trees. It’s really awesome. I mean… take a pretty cool city full of people who love their community, and the outdoors, make ‘em suffer through one of the coldest springs in recent memory (Snow in March! Freezing temperatures through April! Then back to our regularly scheduled rainy, cloudy, dreary May.) and reward them with one absolutely glorious sunny hot Saturday. EVERYONE is out here. Half the women are in sun-dresses, Teva sandals as far as they eye can see. Oh… and acres of pasty white flesh begging for just a hint of warmth and color. It’s really a beautiful thing.

Oh... and it really wouldn't be Portland without barefoot hippies singing old-timey music.



There are draw backs to the heat of course. I actually heard myself say, "Hmmm... it's too hot for cheese." as I passed by Juniper Grove Farms booth. And made a bee-line for the Pine State Biscuits booth for some sweet iced tea. Mmmmm…. I’m gonna miss this.




5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What a day! I found myself thinking of that old Sunshine on My Shoulders song -- do you know it? "Sunshine makes me happy ... Sunshine almost always makes me high." Love it. Glad you had such a wonderful day! It was glorious here, too.

Bezzie said...

It's funny, sunny leafy hippie days make me happy, but my ultimate idea of beauty and peace is lying in a snowbank under snow laden trees...

Batty said...

I know how you feel. I burn in the sun, yet I love it and can't stop being outside when it's all sunny and leafy out there.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day! I'm free from June 17th through August 20-something. I absolutely want in on a few days like this!

Bridget said...

mmmmm . . . it's been a beautiful weekend! Glad you got to enjoy it, too . . . and man, I really need to drop by Pine State Biscuits!!