Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

I'm heading out tomorrow for an early Christmas with the family. I looked at flights around actual Thanksgiving & actual Christmas and they were outrageously expensive - especially given the crowds & stress that comes with traveling on those days.

So I managed to save myself about $500 on the ticket, and hopefully my luggage and I will actually arrive at my destination together & on time. It should be a nice trip, a nice short trip because I'm only going to be there from Friday afternoon through Monday morning. Which means I'll be there just long enough to hug & kiss everyone, exchange gifts & small talk, but I'll be able to leave before I get sucked into the family drama. Overall, a pretty good deal.

I talked to my sister today and my niece and nephew are excited to see me. Of course, this might have something to do with the fact that she told they we'd have Chinese take-out when I got there. =P Well, nothing says Christmas like Chinese take-out.
When I get back, I'm sure I'll have exciting and adventurous tales of family dysfunction.

4 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Travel safe! Looking forward to the tales!

Stacey said...

Have fun! I know about the plane tickets - we are flying back to PDX on the 19th because it was cheaper and...get this...we are leaving on New Year's Eve at 11pm. Ah, to have unlimited amounts of money.

Mag said...

Have a safe trip!

Zonda said...

Hope you have a good trip!! :)