Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Les Nympheas

I was delighted by Melissa's comment about the colors of my cardigan reminding her of Monet's water lilies. J'adore Monet! Visiting his gardens at Giverny was one of my top priorities when I went to France last year. I have fond memories of B and I sitting by the water lily pond, in the rain, painting our own impressions of the occasion. It was a lot of fun, and one of my favorite memories from my trip.

Claude Monet's Les Nympheas:



And mine:
Well, not exactly, but the colors do evoke Monet's palette - which makes me very happy.
You probably can't tell from this picture, but the back is finished. Yay! I can't quite decide if I want to do both fronts at the same time or not. It's nice to finish both pieces at the same time... but I hate it when the yarn gets tangled up. But I guess I hate it more when the pieces don't match up. Oh, and do you just love how this picture perfectly illustrates the fundamental knitting rule - Stockinette Stitch CURLS! =P


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been there? How cool. I didn't realize just how accurate my comment was. The bright green parts are even the shape of the lilypads!

Sue, aka seiding said...

Wow, you got that done right quick! Guess your knitting mojo really is back.

Jessica said...

Great post. I love Monet. It was neat seeing the painting and your knitting together!

Anonymous said...

seriously, one of the most entertaining mini-breaks I took in France. I had so much fun (and still covet more of that apple brandy....)!!!

Michael5000 said...

Yarn.... pretty....