Thursday, August 30, 2007

Smart is Sexy

I've finally discovered the new series of Doctor Who. I saw the 2005 episodes (with Christopher Eccleston) on PBS, then put the DVDs on my netflix queue. I just loved him I did. Goofy smile and all, he just got me. Then I get to the end of that season, and my new favorite fictional love decideds to regenerate! We were not amused. I wasn't too wild about David Tennent until....

he put glasses on! Such a sucker for the nerdy boys, I am. There's a scene where they're all trapped in a room with a monster outside the door. Someone laments their lack of a weapon, but he says "We're in a library. Books! We've got the best weapons in the world." I just about swooned as they started flipping through books on how to fight the monster.

Yes, I'm now officially a Doctor Who dork. But the real question is... am I dorky enough to go put all the old series on my netflix queue? I think we know the answer to that.

6 comments:

Sue, aka seiding said...

I'm with you, sister! Season 2 is currently filling up my queue!

Bezzie said...

Ok, so I'm not into this series, but I will share your nerdy boy love. There's a hot atty at work with sporting the nerdy boy look. Would he be hot without the glasses? Nope!

Trillian42 said...

I love that DT is such an enthusiastic, free-spirited goofball of a doctor.

And yeah, the glasses = teh sexy.

Mag said...

I dig the smart boys too, but there is a lot to be said for the Keanus of the world. ;-)

I haven't watched Dr. Who since the bizarre scarfed version way back when.
The new Flash Gordon isn't getting my attention either.
It's getting harder to 'wow' me, I'm so jaded. ;-)

Rebel said...

Glad I'm not the only one with a preference for the nerdy boys. I won't get into my sweater-vest fetish though. ;)

Michael5000 said...

Man, where WERE you all when I was single, lonely, and well-read? : )